- 10-Year Market Forecasts – Covering the overall market as well as segments of the business such as construction, agriculture, communications, energy, aerial photography and insurance. It also covers the civil government market including homeland security and law enforcement.
- Expert Analysis – A cogent outlook and rationale for what will be hot over the next decade.
- Venture Capital – Analysis of the involvement of venture capital, firms attracting funds and ways investment is transforming the market.
- Regulations – Differences in the ways regulations for civil/commercial UAS are being implemented worldwide and ways that is transforming the market and providing advantage.
- Companies – An analysis of the strategies companies are using to position themselves in the market, including acquisitions, teaming and product development.
From the Civil UAS Market Study 2017:
- Teal Group estimates that non-military UAS production will total $73.5 billion over the next decade. It soars from $2.8 billion worldwide in 2017 to $11.8 billion in 2026, a 15.5% compound annual growth rate in constant dollars.
- The commercial segment of the worldwide market will lead growth in civil UAS. Worldwide commercial is projected to grow from $512 million in 2017 to $6.5 billion in 2026, a 28.9% compound annual growth rate.
- Construction will lead the commercial market thanks to teaming between the three largest equipment companies and drone manufacturers and early UAS work by all 10 of the largest worldwide construction firms.
- Agriculture, which will adopt UAS more slowly, will still rank second worldwide. The ability to provide unmanned spraying of crops and imagery that improves the application of fertilizers, pesticides and water offers tremendous potential.
- Low-cost, high-altitude, long endurance UAS for internet promises to create an entirely new market segment. Airbus has already begun low rate production of solar-powered UAS.
- Civil government UAS will be a much smaller segment than commercial, but the appeal is growing for border control and public safety.
The study is available on CD-ROM or online for the purchase price of $2195.